Today we’re starting a new blog series called Pretty Ordinary Friday!
Most of our days consist of making pretty things- products, blog posts, styled photos, and Instagrams! We love creating these things with the hope of inspiring, uplifting, and sparking creativity, but during the course of our week, there’s more we want to share with you! For this blog series, we’re documenting snapshots of our week that may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, but we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val!
1. “Tuesday morning I finally got to uncover the all of my pressed flowers for the blog! They turned out so bright and beautiful! Check out the DIY on the blog here!” – Emily
2. “My students at the Sweet Paul Makerie did such an amazing job with their final chalk art projects!! One of my favorite parts about teaching is seeing how each person interprets the design to make it their own. We used Butterstix smudge-free chalk to create the final.” – Val
3. “Here are some of my chalk lettering students working away at the Makerie! Everyone did such an amazing job and it was a pleasure to teach this class.” – Val
4. “This past weekend, I visited Philly to teach a chalk lettering class at the Sweet Paul Makerie! The event was held at URBN HQ (home of Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, BHLDN). This place was absolutely amazing- starting with the coolest signage ever.” – Val
5. “I recently attended a vintage fair held at the Heinz Museum in Pittsburgh and picked up these beautiful gold and polka dot vintage glasses. I knew I had to have them the moment I laid eyes on them!” – Val
6. “On Monday I sent April’s Happy Mail goodies to the giveaway winner! I love making the package extra special by wrapping everything in pink tissue paper!” -Emily
7. “Another incredible detail from URBN headquarters. This vase must be at least 12 feet tall. And how magical are those details?” – Val
8. “One of the guests attending the Sweet Paul Makerie was Tiffani Thiessen! She was so sweet and I was thrilled to meet her! She created this specialty Luxardo cherry and green tea cocktail for dinner and it was delicious. I can’t wait to watch her show on the Cooking Channel!” – Val
9. “While in Philly, we stopped for lunch at the White Dog Cafe. I loved all of the decor here, especially these dogs on the wall! So cute.” – Val