For the Pretty Ordinary series, we’re documenting snapshots of our week that may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, but we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
1. “The next L&V recipe in the works… coming this Fall! I love illustrating recipes.” -Valerie
2. “I am swooning over peach & mint! Once I saw this spread in the latest issue of Better Homes & Gardens, I knew it had to be the color palette for my Peach Cobbler recipe design!”
3. “Mak and I went antiquing this weekend and I picked up a few kitchen items- jade coffee canister, copper mold, and this cute vintage Betty Crocker cookbook. Love them! I also found a globe I’m planning to DIY in some way!” – Valerie
4. A side-by-side comparison of my little office cactus and the cactus in the latest L&V print! This cactus was the inspiration for the design. –Valerie
5. “I met a friend one afternoon at a local cafe called the Light Rail, and we enjoyed our drinks out on the patio! It was a beautiful day and the drinks were delicious.” –Emily
6. “I will never get tired of beautiful skies over farmlands! It’s one of my favorite views.” –Emily
7. “Wednesday night I went to a 7wasn’t disappointed! It was the best concert I’ve been to!” – Emily