For this week’s Pretty Ordinary Friday #63, we’re documenting snapshots of our week. While our pictures may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
The team says:
1. “Despite a to-do list a mile long, Mak and I spent a slow Sunday afternoon at the Pittsburgh Botanic Gardens. It was just what I needed. How cute is this “Caution Honeybees at work” sign?” – Valerie
2. “A trip to Roxanne’s Dried Flowers in Pittsburgh is never anything short of magical. These colors are so inspiring.” – Valerie
3. “More plant life! I just can’t help myself. We tried out “Smoke” in Lawrenceville over the weekend and I loved their welcoming, cacti-filled entry.” – Valerie
4. “Monday was Mak’s birthday and I wanted to make him his Grandmother’s Texas Sheet Cake (his favorite). I was nervous about it turning out because I had never made it before plus I had to make it gluten free. Mak’s grandmother was an expert baker and so there was a lot to live up to. I was proud when Mak said that it tasted just like hers!” – Valerie
5. “The first signs of Fall. I’m ready now!” – Valerie
6. “Riding a carousel is so quintessentially summer. I was also inspired by these pretty pastel shades!” – Valerie