For the Pretty Ordinary series, we’re documenting snapshots of our week that may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, but we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
Above “My mother-in-law came into town this week and we had afternoon tea at the Inn on Negley! The Inn is gorgeous, but I hadn’t noticed these amazing ceilings before. They were so inspiring!” -Valerie
1. “There was a sidewalk sale going on near my house and one of the stands had all of these gorgeous rocks, gems, and minerals. It reminded me of my childhood when I used to collect rocks! I still have my collection to this day.” – Valerie
2. “Sunday was Mak’s birthday and we took a trip to the Pittsburgh Zoo with his mom, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew! We saw flamingos! I couldn’t resist taking a picture of these beautiful birds.”
3. “The aquarium was one of my favorite parts. How gorgeous are these jellyfish?!” -Valerie
4. “The start of August meant the start of my new Emily Ley Simplified Planner! There is nothing better than opening up a new planner, especially this one!” -Emily
5. “My sister and I helped a friend by tending her garden and picking a few of the fresh produce! The watermelons were gorgeous and we were so excited to cut into them! It felt like the perfect way to spend a summer evening.”
6. “I invited a friend to try out a market/cafe called M the Market with me. Not only do they sell breakfast and lunch, they offer meat, cheeses, and other pantry staples! The croissant I had was topped with ricotta and raspberry jam- delicious!” -Emily