For the Pretty Ordinary series, we’re documenting snapshots of our week that may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, but we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
Emily is on vacation this week, so today’s photos are all from me (Valerie)! Here are a few snapshots from my week!
1. I decided to convert our Happy Sparkler Season card into what will be a fun digital download! We’ve had many requests for a Sparkler wedding sign and I’m excited to say it’s coming!
2. 4th of July weekend kicked off for me on Friday with a Billy Joel concert at PNC Park in Pittsburgh! Billy Joel is my favorite musician and I loved every second of the day from the tailgate to the concert!
3. During our Billy Joel tailgate, we thought we would get creative and try to make s’mores on the grill! It didn’t work quite as well as we’d hoped, but they still tasted delicious. Looks like I can cross “make s’mores” off on my July to-do list!
4. On Saturday we were back in the city for more live music and I met Sam Hunt!
5. This photo is more of a throwback! We started our huge Summer Clearance Sale and it has me feeling nostalgic about the classic designs that we are saying goodbye to. This cupcake design is one of them! I created it in 2013 at a First Friday event in York, PA. We’re holding the clearance to make room for some new, exciting products!
6. My mother-in-law came to visit us and we spent 4th of July with her! Part of our visit included riding the incline in Pittsburgh. I never tire of that city view! I thought this was such a nice photo of Mak and his Mom.