For the Pretty Ordinary series, we’re documenting snapshots of our week that may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, but we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
Left Mak and I took a little road trip this past weekend to Rehoboth Beach in Deleware! It was a nice getaway even though it was quick! -Valerie
Right While in Deleware we discovered Lewes! It was the cutest little town. I fell in love with the candy store “Edie Bees Confection Shop.” All of the glass containers filled with sweets felt so nostalgic and whimsical. -Valerie
2. This notebook spotted at a cute Book Shop in Lewes made me laugh out loud! -Valerie
3. I drew this “GO USA” design for Instagram in honor of the Olympics! Here’s the original drawing on my desk! –Valerie
4. “These dog days of summer have been motivating me to get out of my usual office! There’s a beautiful, comfortable porch at Light Rail that I’m enjoying!” –Emily
5. “I can’t get enough of the sunsets I see when I drive pass fields and farmland! This barn was picturesque against the gorgeous back drop of the sky!”
6. “The biggest highlight of my week was finally getting to meet my nephew Max! He arrived Thursday night and my family couldn’t be more excited!” – Emily