For the Pretty Ordinary series, we’re documenting snapshots of our week that may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, but we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
Left “I baked this cinnamon peach upside down cake and it was amazing! The best part is it’s a guilt-free paleo recipe from paleomg.com! You have to try it! I am loving all of her recipes.” -Valerie
Right “I am admittedly very low on the creativity totem pole here at Lily & Val, but I needed to create a basket for a bridal shower where I was a bridesmaid and I was pleasantly surprised by how it turned out. The Keepsake Kitchen Diary was a big hit with the guests at the shower. I love how this piece is such a wonderfully nostalgic gift to give.” -Maureen
1. “The windows of the Lily & Val Flagship Store all papered up until the big reveal!” -Valerie
2. “The Lily & Val Offices got a little cozier this week with some dreamy curtains! The space is really coming along!” -Valerie
3. “Here are the press sheets for the new Fall card designs that launched in the shop this week! I’m so happy with how they turned out.” -Valerie
4. “I made these delicious individual frozen key lime pies over the weekend- I couldn’t stop eating them! ” -Emily
5. “Saturday I went to the Tour de Compadres concert featuring Mat Kearney and Needtobreathe – it was so much fun! Needtobreathe always puts on a fantastic show!” –Emily
6. “September is my favorite month of the year! Not only is it my birthday month, it’s also the best month of magazines! I probably spend way too much money collecting all the issues- but they are so much fun to read!” -Emily
7. “It’s always a thrill to see my books out and about!! My chalk art botanical adult coloring books are on display at Jo-ann Fabric!” -Valerie
8. “Trying to soak up the last few moments of Summer by enjoying a picnic in our front yard with my 4-year old. It’s amazing how something so “ordinary” can bring her so much joy…which obviously makes me overflow with joy. It also filled me with joy that she chose chicken, broccoli and apple slices for dinner. You have to celebrate the small wins as a mom!” -Maureen
9. “This week we papered up the windows of the Lily & Val Flagship Store, but not before I drew on them first! This is a sampling of what our store will carry. -Valerie
You have been very busy but sounds like fun!!!