For the Pretty Ordinary series, we’re documenting snapshots of our week that may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, but we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
1. “Enjoying Mother’s Day tea just a few days before was the perfect inspiration when I sat down to paint the tea illustrations for our latest Lily & Val Living Blog post! We created a guide for perfectly steeped tea in 3 steps.” – Valerie
2. “One of Mak and my friends got married over the weekend! The whole reception was beautiful, but I especially swooned over these interesting blooms and vases on their cocktail tables! I hadn’t seen this type of flower before!” – Valerie
3. “When your amazingly thoughtful editor randomly sends you a whole package of books just because! This surprise made my week and I can’t wait to dig in! I am so grateful to work with the kind people of Workman Publishing. They are the best!” -Valerie
Left “Every week I send out ‘Thank You’ notes to a few customers. To make them extra special this week, I decided to hand-letter their names! I hope this brings a smile to their face!” -Emily
4. “I filled the mint & pink planters I bought last week from The Farmer’s Daughter Flowers with these pretty plants! This time, I went faux! Can you tell? The succulents and greens at Hobby Lobby were so real looking. This is also the inspiration behind a future blog series…stay tuned!” – Valerie
5. “For Mother’s Day this year, I surprised my mom with a special High Tea at the Inn on Negley in Pittsburgh! It was incredibly nice to slow down and enjoy a long tea time with her, which also included the most delicious tea sandwiches, scones, and macarons. They even accommodated my gluten allergy! I love this place so much!” -Valerie
6. “The L&V team has been busy this week preparing for our time in NYC for National Stationery Show! These are the mailers that we sent out and I love how they were designed to look like our booth! L&V Designer, Alessa, did an awesome job! We can’t wait to see everyone at the show!” – Valerie