For the Pretty Ordinary series, we’re documenting snapshots of our week that may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, but we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
After walking around The Three Rivers Arts Festival, we relaxed with a lemonade at The Point in Pittsburgh. I’m looking forward to more perfect, summer days like this! – Valerie
1. “Last weekend was my first trip to the Farmers Market this season! Going to the market is one of my favorite things to do during the warmer months. I couldn’t pass up this adorable bouquet from Pisarcik Flowers and I also took home a big basket of berries. I’ve been eating them by the handful all week!” -Valerie
2. “After playing with a friend’s iPad Pro and falling in love with it, I finally purchased one for myself!! It’s amazing how the apple pencil really is authentic to hand-lettering and its nuance. Although I will always be a paper girl, I’m looking forward to learning & practicing more on the iPad!” –Valerie
3. “Next week is the Lily & Val Team photo shoot! During a discussion about coordinating our outfits, I was having a hard time visualizing them. So, I thought I’d draw them out with my copic markers! It really helped and it was fun too!” – Valerie
4. “There is nothing like burning a new candle! I bought this amazing coconut-scented candle at Bath & Body Works and love it! I love that it’s a bright pink glass canister too- it adds a nice pop of color to my bookshelf!” -Emily
5. “I’ve been running outside in the mornings and can never get over the sunrises! It’s a great way to start my day!” –Emily
6. “I picked these up when we were in NYC from Ban.do and never knew I could love pencils this much! Quirky phrases and encouraging messages make me excited to pick one up! Sayings like ‘You’re a total champ’ and ‘You’re fresher than lemonade’ make me smile.” -Emily