Welcome to our third week of this series!
For the Pretty Ordinary series, we’re documenting snapshots of our week that may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, but we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
Left “I had the privilege to speak at my 3rd Inspired Retreat hosted by my friend, Amber Housely. Every detail is so thoughtful and special, like these stunning blooms and linens. I’m grateful for everything I learned there and for my new creative friends! I also went home with a beautiful new Ink Well Press planner and many other gifts generously given by speakers and sponsors.” – Valerie
Right “The setting of Inspired Retreat at Evins Mill Bed & Breakfast in Tennessee could not be more perfect and relaxing. Trees everywhere, a waterfall, big porches, rocking chairs- I didn’t want to leave!”
Above “One of my favorite parts about Inspired Retreat was the opportunity for creative play! Hilary Butler taught an abstract painting class and Kori Clark taught a watercolor class, where I created this watercolor V. Both women are such talented artists and amazing teachers. I felt so lucky to take classes from each of them and it felt amazing to sit down to paint with no pressure and just have fun!”
1. “The sweet people at Tombow sent me this amazing selection of their lettering goodies and I cannot wait to try them all! New art supplies are definitely the way to my heart.” -Valerie
2. “Lily & Val’s photo stylist, Emily Cowey of the Virginia Lynn Co., introduced me to The Farmer’s Daughter Flowers located in Pittsburgh! I instantly fell in love with the gorgeous blooms they create and their lovely shop. Of course, I had to pick up these planters in L&V colors (pink and mint) for an upcoming photo shoot!”
3. “After leaving Inspired Retreat, I had some time to explore Nashville. I visited Sprinkles Bakery on South St. and was instantly obsessed with their pink wall covered in hand-drawn illustrations. (My gluten free red velvet cupcake was amazing too!)” – Valerie
4. “One of my favorite things about the May Happy Mail blog post was all of the pom poms! They added such fun and fluffy pops of color, I loved it!” -Emily
5. “Being a stationery lover, my desk is usually covered in notebooks and planners! I’m on my last few months of my Simplified Planner and can’t wait to buy a new one! I also go through May Designs notebooks like it’s my job!”
6. “Every month Valerie and I decide what products should be featured in blog and Instagram posts and then I receive a big Lily & Val order with all the goodies! Here’s a peek at what came in my order for June!” -Emily