For the Pretty Ordinary series, we’re documenting snapshots of our week that may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, but we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
1. “Sometimes your day just needs hot chocolate and a huge bowl of marshmallows. They were leftover from our VIP Happy Hour Party in the store, but they didn’t go to waste!” –Valerie
2. “We had a great time in the Lily & Val Flagship Store during Small Business Saturday! Everyone on the team wore our “Think Shadyside Shop Small” t-shirts that I had the privilege of lettering this year!” –Valerie
3. “Mak’s desktop computer got a facelift thanks to the new December Download on the blog! My desktops are normally too feminine for him, so I wanted to document this rare occurrence!” -Valerie
4. “Seeing this Lily & Val dish towel in Anthropologie for the first time is a feeling I will never forget! I’m so honored to have my work there. You can find it in-stores and online!” -Valerie
5. “You know you have a great job when your desk is covered in pom poms.” -Kristin
6. “I guess you could say Pittsburgh has a pretty stiff competition for the Gingerbread House Display this year.” -Alivia