For the Pretty Ordinary series, we’re documenting snapshots of our week that may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, but we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
1. “A copic marker rose!! This drawing became February’s free desktop download!” –Valerie
2. “We had extra edible rose petals in the office after Kristin’s candied rose petal post, so we decided to whip up a few more things like this rose simple syrup. It is so good in coffee! (A post on how to make it will be coming soon.)” –Valerie
3. “A weekend treat: Starbucks and this cute emoji sugar cookie from my favorite bakery, Gluuteny!” -Valerie
4. “I updated the sandwich board signs at the Lily & Val Flagship Store this week! We have so many new things in the shop from handmade makers!” -Valerie
5. “This week I decided it was time for some “grown up” watercolors. I’ve really been enjoying learning this medium lately and just pre-ordered this watercolor book written by my friend Jenna Rainey!” -Valerie
6. “We are almost finished with our kitchen renovation and I am absolutely IN LOVE with these new pendant lights from Olde Brick Lighting. They are perfection!” -Julie