For this month’s Pretty Ordinary Friday #97, we’re documenting snapshots of our month. While our pictures may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
1. “I got all dressed up for an event this week, which called for a shameless bathroom selfie! But hey, this bathroom was gorgeous!” – Valerie
2. “I can’t get over these pretty Fall colors! I used these flowers to make a wreath.” – Valerie
3. “So excited to see a few Lily & Val canvases in TJMaxx!! This was the first time we were seeing them in store & Mak’s Mom snapped this photo of us!” – Valerie
4. “We visited my Mother-in-law for Labor Day. She makes these beautiful charms for necklaces by hand-pouring paint. Aren’t they so beautiful? No two are alike. You can find them in her Etsy store!” – Valerie
5. “Took a visit to the L&V Shipping Department. I love seeing all the Fall prints ready to go out to new homes- especially this new one!” – Valerie
6. “A little honey bear on my desk. How cute is he?! This is a peek of an upcoming recipe illustration!” – Valerie
7. “The perfect latte art at Adda Coffeehouse called for a photo.” – Valerie
8. “Since it’s back to school time- had to share my latest collaboration card with Papyrus! The frame, chalk, pencil, eraser and cute apple are all 3-D! I love that about Papyrus cards!” – Valerie
9. “I love our Surprise Boxes! Especially when I get to make a special flower arrangement for each one!” – Emily
10. “We started going to this local flea market day for the store…and now we just like keeping the tradition alive. Who doesn’t need to shop for vintage things?!” – Emily
11. “A little girls trip with my best friend to Bedford Springs Resort proved to be full of great design inspiration!” – Emily
12. “Caught my parents being cute, sharing a milkshake.” – Emily
13. “Got a little excited about cool weather a little too early. Glad to have bangs again…but they aren’t fun in the heat! Who else has this problem?” – Emily
14. “I did yoga in Market Square and then followed it up with brunch at Revel – because who does yoga without brunch?!? The Revel Bowl was AMAZING!!!” – Nicole
15. “Sometimes, Saturdays in the Fall are tough for us. But I guess that depends on whether or not you are on the winning side! Go PSU!” – Nicole
Hello, Fall lovers!
You know we love a wreath here at Lily & Val, so I thought I would share some of my favorite ways to display a wreath inside your house.
Using your favorite wreaths inside is a great option for folks who live in apartments or just have more than one wreath they would love to display.
Use a wreath to give low furniture more presence in the room. Displaying your wreath above a bar cart, record stand, or small desk is a beautiful way to elevate that area visually. Consider it part of the grouping of objects you are already displaying on that furniture. This really adds dimension to your decor.
Displaying your wreath on a door is the most common way to show it off…so why not use an interior door. Here a wreath can add color and interest to dull areas of the house, or where space to decorate is limited. Just be careful not to overdo it. Choose one door that doesn’t have too much else going on around it.
Use your wreath to add texture and variety to a gallery wall. This will help break up the rigid shape of your frames and other artwork. A wreath can also be a great choice to fill any awkward space in your gallery wall arrangement.
Don’t be afraid to try out different placements. Command strips can be a simple and damage free way to change your wreath placement. It’s always best to experiment with your space until you find the look that is just right.
I hope you all enjoy your wreath making and buying just a little more with some new display ideas under your belt. Happy decorating!
Friends! It’s time to celebrate because my latest book – Life of the Party Papercrafting – released today!!
To everyone who pre-ordered THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. The book is shipping today and I cannot wait to hear what you think when you receive it.
♥ 22 pretty cards & 25 handy tags
♥ 24 classy place cards & 27 cute mini cards
♥ 16 coasters, 16 napkin rings & 16 wine charms
♥ 4 stylish menus & 9 sophisticated belly bands
♥ 2 versatile envelope templates & 6 postcards
♥ 16 pages of gorgeous two-sided scrapbook paper
….everything is hand-drawn with love, of course!
The book has been designed for parties, but there are so many pieces inside that can be used for a number of other paper crafts. Basically, if you are a paper lover, I really think you’re going to enjoy this book! 🙂
For even more peeks inside, check out my previous post.
To finally be able to share this with you all is such an honor. Thank you again, dear friends, for supporting L&V and inspiring us to do what we do. Now excuse me while I giddily wait for you to receive your copy in the mail. I can’t wait to see what you will create with the book! Be sure to tag me and Lily & Val on Instagram.
So many of you have asked about some of the decor spotted in our fall photo shoot! I’m so happy to share with you some of my favorite items from the shoot and where you can purchase them too!
Lot’s of you asked about these beautiful skeleton leaves. Check out all the colors!
These amber apothecary jar candles are not only pretty to decorate with, but some of our favorite scents too! My personal fave is Tabacco and Patchouli.
While the canisters that I used in our fall shoot are no longer available… I love these ceramic canisters that have a very similar look.
This is a great larger option for the perfect ceramic canister also!
A cement pumpkin is a great way to update the classic pumpkin look. I love these little guys with their metallic stems!
White enamel is always a good classic choice. These enamel cups are great to use as a vase or candle holder.
These leather journals are so beautiful! The handmade journals also make a great gift.
I hope you all enjoy shopping our fall shoot! Look out for more photo shopping lists to come…we love that you guys are as into the details as we are!
Many of your asked for Fall Surprise Box and I am so excited to tell you it is coming!! In the spirit of our Fall “Gather” Collection, we have curated and specially designed this box with a Fall gathering theme! Items to warm your home, entertain guests, and enjoy the simple things of the season are all present here!
Keep reading for some peeks and get ready, this Fall Surprise Box will be launching on Thursday, September 13th at noon Est!
Although we try to increase quantities as best we can, our Surprise Boxes sell out very quickly! Our previous boxes have sold out in under an hour. As always, we’re thrilled you guys are loving these boxes so much and we’re doing our best to offer more, but still a VERY limited number. So, set those alarms!
Our curated boxes are filled with L&V products, gifts & goodies from makers we love and one-of-a-kind items handmade by us and only available exclusively through the box! We don’t just throw together random objects, each piece has been thoughtfully designed and selected to create a wonderful experience for you to fit our theme. We put them for sale at an AMAZING price (which includes shipping) and once they’re gone, they’re gone for good!
You guys know how much I love Fall, so I want to share everything, but I know there’s no fun in giving all the secrets away! I still, however, want to share just a tiny peek of what you can expect to find as part of your Fall Box!
Pumpkin + Sweet Cream Candle by Rockaway Candle Co:
If you loved the candle in our Staycation Box, you are going to love this! I am thrilled to have another amazing candle from Morgan and her company The Rockaway Candle Co. in the box for Fall! Morgan took her pumpkin + sweet cream fragrance and hand-poured it into the most beautiful golden glass jar just for our box. I will certainly be keeping this pretty vessel long after the candle is gone.
Morgan does such a beautiful job of describing her fragrances so I will leave that up to her:
The best way to describe our Pumpkin + Sweet Cream fragrance is fresh pumpkin pie right out of your oven. This scent is the epitome of Fall + what Fall means to us, which is cozy nostalgic moments with your loved ones and will have your mouth watering with its delicious notes of pumpkin, sweet vanilla, and cinnamon. This fragrance oil is infused with natural essential oils, including cinnamon, clove, and ginger.
An Exclusive L&V Hand-Lettered Mug:
I just couldn’t keep this item a secret, because I am too excited about it! This hand-lettered clear glass mug was created just for our box. We couldn’t put together a Fall box without something special to hold your warm beverage of choice. For those who would live in a world that was a perpetual Fall, this mug is for you.
A Handmade, Modern Faux Flower Arrangement:
In every box, we love to include a special, handmade item and this pretty magnolia and vase decoration was sourced and handmade by us just for the Fall box. You can’t get it anywhere else! The flower sits in acrylic “water” that looks beautiful in the vintage-inspired gold vase. It’s such an elegant piece to add to your Fall decorating and warm your home. (P.S. It will display beautifully with any Lily & Val Fall print!)
A Full Experience:
For our “Staycation” box, we decided to try something different and provide exclusive content to everyone who purchased a box. We decided to do the same for our Fall “Gather” theme! In addition to all the amazing items in the box, you will also receive special, exclusive content delivered to your inbox! Our goal with these recipes, DIYs, and more is to help you savor this season of gathering and coordinate with the items in your box.
That is all I’m going to say before I reveal too much! What I can say is that this box will be holding a total value of over $125 in products!
A Special Surprise:
To celebrate the launch of our brand new book, Life of the Party Papercrafting, we will also be surprising someone with a copy tucked into their box! The book releases on September 10th!
The day before the box goes on sale (September 12 at noon EST), we will be jumping on Facebook LIVE to show you even more!
A few other announcements to answer your questions before the boxes go on sale:
* The price of the box includes shipping! The value of this Fall Box is over $130 so we can assure you it’s going to be an amazing deal!
* Because the box is already priced as such, no other discounts or coupon codes will apply.
* Boxes are currently only available in the U.S. (international friends, we are very sorry and hope to have a future solution!)
*You guys are just the best. We love you!
Sign up to receive L&V emails and be notified when the box is on sale! And don’t forget to set those alarms- Thursday, September 13th at noon EST! We expect to sell out quickly!
September is here and to me, that means it’s officially FALL!!
I’m just a little excited (if you couldn’t tell!)
This month’s desktop download was created with my Fall-loving friends in mind. So, grab your PSL and dress your tech for the season (even if it’s still too warm to break out your favorite sweater.)
Happy September, everyone! I hope you enjoy these free designs, hand-drawn with love, as always!
P.S. Love the design? You can find it on our Gather pillow in the shop!
Enter your email address below to download this month’s free desktops. Download will begin once you’ve entered your information. We’ll also send you an email with links to download.
It’s that magical time of year – Pumpkin Spice Season! But let’s be honest, nothing is quite as iconic as the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
It has become quite a tradition at L&V to celebrate the day the infamous PSL becomes available at Starbucks. This year, we wanted to commemorate the day with cute ideas for gifting a Starbucks gift card. (Take a peek at our past ideas, t0o)
This “May All Your Pumpkin Spice Dreams Come True” note card is one of my favorite items released in our 2018 Fall Collection. It truly speaks to me on an emotional level and if you have a pumpkin-spice obsessed friend, I’m sure it will speak to them too. 🙂
Yes, you could deliver the Starbucks gift card on its own, but including it tucked inside this card is even better. Plus, then you get to decorate the envelope!
I loved the idea of drawing a Starbucks cup on the envelope. You only need to show the top half to get the idea and even cuter if the drawing is sketchy. Then, write the recipient’s name on the cup – how appropriate! Here I used black and green Tombow Dual Brush Pens.
Or, go for something a little more simple with “PSL” bold and center! I used an orange Tombow Dual Brush pen and then added simple black shadow lines and scribbly handwriting using the fine-tip side of a black dual brush pen.
Who wouldn’t love a little PSL surprise?! Happy mail like this- so simple and easy- can really make someone’s day! Sending happy mail doesn’t need to be on a big budget or a large scale. If you create a bit of happy mail inspired by ours, we would love to see!
Be sure to visit our Instagram for a chance to win both the pumpkin spice note card and Starbucks gift card! Happy Pumpkin Spice Season, everyone!
The ladies of L&V decided to weigh in on their favorite Fall designs from the Gather Collection!
Keep reading for our picks & why we chose them…
I absolutely love the “Come As You Are” print! It is so simple and sweet. I love the muted colors and delicate floral designs. Sometimes less is more and this is definitely one of those instances. It has a calming vibe, which I think everyone can use in their home and lives.
Shop Assistant & Customer Care
I adore the “Everything beautiful in it’s time” print! I love the contrast created between the sleek lines of the design and the more feminine botanical elements. Bonus: it matches my fall color scheme perfectly with the subtle grey of the background and warm amber hues accented with black. Most of all I love this Ecclesiastes verse. It is a beautiful passage that holds a very important truth for my life.
Creative Coordinator & Stylist
I am loving the festive “Give Thanks Pumpkin” design! The big orange pumpkin illustration on it just makes me smile. My birthday is in October and it reminders me of the orange pumpkin stickers my mom would give me to mark the calendar leading up to my birthday when I was a kid. It brings back happy Fall memories.
Founder & Creative Director
Which one is your favorite?
For this month’s Pretty Ordinary Friday #96, we’re documenting snapshots of our month. While our pictures may not be the prettiest or the most interesting, we enjoyed each instance and want to remember them! These are the behind-the-scenes, in-between moments – the small peeks that would otherwise be forgotten. Join us as we use this series to scrapbook the unedited, memorable happenings at Lily & Val and what is inspiring our team!
1. “It’s that magical time of year when Fall is on my mind, Holiday designs are on my desk, but it’s summer in reality!” – Valerie
2. “I am embarrassed to say this, but I lived in Western, PA almost my whole life and never visited Fallingwater! We finally made it happen for Mak’s birthday. It was amazing and such a beautiful day.” – Valerie
3. “I couldn’t share this before, because it was a secret, but I can finally show this behind-the-scenes from our Life of The Party Papercrafting shoot! Photoshoot messes are my favorite.” – Valerie
4. “Picked up this cute little bundle from Trader Joe’s just because they made me happy.” – Valerie
5. “Ok, I know it’s not the prettiest cake, BUT it tastes delicious (mostly because of butter)! I made Mak’s grandmother’s Texas Sheet Cake for his birthday and felt very proud because he said it tasted like she used to make it!” – Valerie
6. “I got a new comforter! It may seem like something so small, but I’m in love with it and have been looking forward to bedtime all week. I also love how it looks with our new Fall botanical pillow. Yep, I’ve started decorating for Fall – can’t help myself!” – Valerie
7. “We went through a ton of old family photos recently, and I love the colors in this pic of my Uncles beautiful car!” – Emily
8. “All my favorite colors for fall in one photo, favorite of which is the color of the Klei beauty mask from the Staycation box!” – Emily
9. “Did a refresh of my kitchen…which began with these curtains and spiraled into repainting and new hardware. Oh well…welcome fall!” – Emily
10. “Some of the decorations from my Nanna s 80th! She loves red and antiquing, so this decor seemed appropriate.” – Emily
11. “The man and I took a little trip to a beautiful new place, and these berries stole my heart!” – Emily
12. “You know how I love faux florals! Well these ones are real show stoppers. A super sophisticated color and lots of texture!” – Emily
13. “We hit the Pittsburgh Zoo on the day before school started and caught this elephant just maxin’ and relaxin’.” – Nicole
14. “It ain’t summer without a massive ice cream cone with Oreo crumbles on top! Unlike the rest of the team, I am NOT looking forward to Autumn.” – Nicole
15. “First day of Kindergarten for my little guy! No tears from this mama. I am just so excited for him!” – Nicole